Thursday, April 16, 2009

How Steve the DUI lawn mower made an appearance at Easter



So I'm not one to wax on about my family because I know most of you could probably care less. But something really interesting to me happened this past weekend at our family's Easter dinner.

I'll preface by saying that when I think of family meals, at least with my family, I think about food and overdue conversation. Holidays give us the chance to catch up with each other outside of the day-to-day grind. But this was different.

We'd just finished eating our meal when my aunt asks me if I've seen Steve the DUI lawn mower guy. It's important to note that this is the same aunt that does not own a cell phone or a computer. I had no idea what she was talking about but admit I was intrigued. So my cousin pulled up the video on my sister's computer to show us what they were talking about.

It's not that the video was that funny. Clearly it's a comedian putting on a skit and posting it online. It's the fact that instead of sitting around the table discussing the recent happenings of our lives, we were sitting around a laptop and asking each other if we caught the scene of Steve trying to pee while the cop was trying to arrest him. I'll admit, I thought it was pretty cool.

Clearly things are changing and I'm definitely not opposed to it. Laptops have replaced the dinner table for families to gather around and "catch up." Technology is going to keep changing...I'm glad my family is beginning to embrace it instead of fearing change.

No comments:

Post a Comment