Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oktoberfest now Rhythm and Ribs...FU Economy

I'm going to apologize for this in advance 'cause it's been a shitty day and that's going to come out in this post.

So some of you may recall my first blog about the cancellation of Oktoberfest. No I am not happy about it...still. And today, the news got worse. You may remember that funding for the traditional fest was pulled in favor of supporting Rhythm and Ribs, which I was totally fine with. Well not totally but you get the idea.

Apparently, as reported today by the KC Star, declining sponsorship money has forced the cancellation of this festival as well. WTF? Not only do I have to miss one of my favorite events, but now I don't get a chance to support it's replacement. Maybe its' selfish, maybe it's me being bitter, but this blows.

What we really need is something we can rally around as a community. All we hear about is who cut jobs, or things getting canceled due to lack of funding. Somebody step up and give our city some good news for a change. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment