Tuesday, March 10, 2009

KC Oktoberfest Obituary


So I'm still setting this up but I figured what better way to kick this off than the death of one of my favorite KC events. Oktoberfest, in all of its cheesiness of funny hats and temp tats was one of the greatest places to get a footlong hotdog (yeah, yeah that's what she said) with everything you could ever want on it. It was also my favorite spot to spend at least $6 on a 16 oz. stein. Or if you're like my friends Joe, Joe and Eric, drop $15 that they justify by getting a plastic boot thrown in to drink out of.

While I think it's great that people can rally behind the history of the 18th and Vine district, I will still be sad to see this great fest go. In all seriousness, it got my friends and I so excited every year that we have planned to go to a different city's version annually, concluding with a trip to Deutschland for the real thing.

So here's to you Oktoberfest. And here's to your hopeful return to the city of fountains in the coming years.

Check back in the next few days as I update my profile, about me, and all the interesting stuff that you're refreshing your computer every minute to find out about.

Here's what you can expect to see or probably not see in the watered-down blogosphere:
  1. KC local topics, reviews, etc.
  2. KU sports
  3. Advertising thoughts (though I'll probably stay away from that because that's my day job
  4. Random findings
  5. Current Events
Basically anything you might see at a 5th grade show and tell you can expect to see here.

So, if any of that interests you, or you just want to link this to someone and tell them how lame it is, come back and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment