Friday, March 20, 2009

Grooming in the workplace


So there was a really awesome photo I was going to attach to this but while trying to reformat my camera yesterday at the NCAA's I managed to lose all of my pictures. Clearly I need some lessons in digital photoing so here's some stock that is equally as gross and sums up the scene of the crime pretty well.

There's a lot of things you should never do at work. I won't get into the details because that would make this way too long (that's what she said), but one of the things that really bugs me is grooming in the workplace. Not the brushing your hair kind of grooming ladies, but anything that could be described as "trimming" or "manscaping" should never...ever be done at work.

Last week in searching for some files, some of my co-people found remnants of human nail clippings stashed in the top drawer. Pretty f-ing sick. It reminded me of a few key instances in my groom-hating social life. Not all of these happened in the workplace so maybe I should clarify that you should never groom in "public" aka anywhere but your house is off limits:

1. Walking into the men's locker room to find a guy shaving at the gym. Can you really not wait until you get home to do that? Or maybe take care of it before you hit the gym? Sick.

2. At work in Lawrence when my manager was using a Q-Tip in his office. Now to be fair, everyone uses Q-Tips but please do it in privacy. And please don't look at the treasure you found while digging a mine. Sicker

Those two and the one before them are definitely in my top 3 of grooming sickouts.

So please remember to never...ever groom yourself at work. If you do some jackass will write a blog about it then you'll have to kick his ass in public to make a point.

4 comments:

  1. i definitely echo this article. No joke this happened today. a guy came over to our cube, took a pair of nail clippers and proceeded to do his nails. I HATE the sound of clipping, and to make it even worse, he proceeded to take his slip on shoes off and do his toenails to. After he discussed with another dude how gnarly his toenails were, i'd had enough. We told him it was sick and to go to his own office to do that. Unhappy times for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really just a bad deal all around. Nobody wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GROSS. And I've heard someone clipping nails on an airplane. I mean, come on. Are you really THAT strapped for time?

    I don't even want to know whose desk that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The person will remain anonymous to protect their integrity.

    ReplyDelete